Tradisional Mooncakes


Lotus paste mooncakes, red bean paste mooncakes my favourites mooncakes. When i purchase mooncakes every year....i just dont like  egg yolk middle of mooncakes... so this year i plan and engourge myself to bake mooncakes myself. My first attempt of baking some traditional lotus paste mooncakes...  very happy with my first baked mooncakes. I had receive most positive feedback from my husband, my childrens and my good friends.....this make me to bake more of these mooncakes....... i had plan to send some mooncakes to my beloved father who loved mooncakes as well...My next trial will be with some new flavours...

Recipe source : Peng
Ingredient (7 medium sized ooncakes)


Pastry
  • 100gm golden syrup
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp alkaline water
  • 25gm peanut oil (i used corn oil)
  • 140gm Hong Kong flour
  • 1 to 2 drops dark brown food colouring (optional) 

Filling
  • 500 gm white lotus paste
  • 20gm toasted melon seeds

Glaze (mix well and sieve) : 1/2 egg, 1/2 tbsp water, 1 tsp golden syrup)

Method (dough filling ratio 40% : 60%)
  1. Mix syrup, baking soda, alkaline water and oil together. Rest for 2 hours.
  2. Add in flour, brown colouring (if using) and mix into a smooth dough. Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
  3. Divide dough into 12 portions, approx. 20gm each.
  4. Combine lotus paste with melon seeds and knead evenly to incorporate the seeds. Divide into 12 equal portions (approx. 23-24gm). Seal and roll into rounds.
  5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry and wrap with lotus paste and roll into a ball. Dust the ball generously with flour and press into the mooncake mould. 
  6. Release the mooncake from the mould and place it on a lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 15-20 mins.
  7. Remove the mooncakes from the oven and rest for 15 mins. Apply another egg wash and bake for another 10-15 mins until golden brown.
  8. Cool completely before storing in air-tight container.
  9. Rest for at least 3-4 days before serving


                                                                    " Anyone Can Cook "


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cream Cracker Layered Murtabak

HAW FLAKES STEAMED CAKE

Sri Lankan Seeni Sambol Buns