CARROT HALWA





I really loved the original Indian sweets. Among the desserts that are favoured by me is Laddhu and Janggiri. Halwa is one of the dessert favorite of my husband. When I saw the recipe of Carrot Halwa, my heart started looking forward to trying it. Normally I like all dishes  based by carrots. So, I was looking for the right time to try this recipe. I adapted this recipe from Vidya Kitchen. This recipes look easy, but we need to always stirring the pot. If not, halwa will burnt later.


I was lucky, because this recipe is quite successful for me. It was very tasty. It tastes very sweet, we can only eat a little for one time. But my daughter loves to eat this Halwa. Maybe it’s sweet and soft. I feel very comforted to see my daughter love this dessert.


Carrot Halwa
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 25 minutes
Serves : 3-4 people

Ingredients :-
2 cups grated carrots
2 cups whole milk – I used UHT Full Cream Milk
2 tbsp. ghee (adjust accordingly)
1/2  cup sugar (adjust accordingly)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tbsp. toasted cashews and pistachios – I used pistachio

Method :-



  1.           Wash and peel the carrots. Grate them using a grater. Heat ghee in a  pan, add grated carrots and stir fry  for about 10 minutes.
  2.       When the carrots begin to leave the sides, add milk and sugar  and cook on a medium flame. Simmer till the mixture thickens.
  3.      When the mixture thickens and begins to leave the sides of          the pan, remove from the flame. Add cardamom powder.        Mix well.
  4.     Garnish with  toasted cashews and pistachios on top. Serve      carrot halwa  either hot or cold.



" Anyone Can Cook "



Comments

  1. Awesome carrot halwa...You have prepared so perfectly and presented so wonderfully. I am so happy your daughter loved it. Thanks for trying it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vidya..... appreciate your compliments....love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrot halwa looks delicious Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Swathi....... glad you love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you....Shweta.... Love to join your events...iam from Malaysia ... Can i take part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes u can, but to get the giveaway u will have to give indian address.../but u can win certificates even online :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cream Cracker Layered Murtabak

HAW FLAKES STEAMED CAKE

Sri Lankan Seeni Sambol Buns